6.01.2013

Man-iversary Number 3

Can you believe my 3 year man-iversary came and went and I totally forgot about it? I knew it was coming up and I started a post and then it totally slipped my mind. So I guess after the fact, here is the post that should have been up two weeks ago.

I can't believe three years have passed since I started T and two have passed since I had top surgery. This whole becoming a new man thing has really gone pretty quickly though three years ago I would have said things were taking forever to move forward.

Life goes on whether you are transitioning or just living your life, trying to find work, buy a house, or have a family. Life is too short to make waiting around for one specific thing to happen your primary focus in life.

I've made a lot of new friends since moving north. I am proud to say that I have a few really cool friends who have shown me that there are caring, kind people out there who don't give a rat's ass that I am a trans sexual.  I am learning how to live comfortably as myself and trying not to take things too seriously.

I've been working really hard at my job and though I hit a really rough patch  for a few months I have come to understand that there are a lot of things that I can't control. I am trying to focus on becoming better at my job and worrying solely about the things that are my responsibility. No job is worth being miserable and nothing is forever, two rules to remember when things aren't feeling like they're working out.

As an artist, my career is picking up. I have had a number of exhibitions this year and I am working at building up an audience. I had a great show opening just a week ago and have a couple more shows to participate in this year. I got a grant to buy a press so I am looking to create a new body of work for exhibit and will be working to make some work for sale in the winter.

I've had some challenges this year as well. Some of the people who I used to call friends have decided they want nothing to do with me. After many attempts to contact them and never ever getting a response I took the hint and have stopped trying to continue any sort of relationship. I am really disappointed about this but life goes on. I would hope that the friends I have now would be open enough to talk to me if there was a problem and that I would be important enough in their lives for them to want to maintain a relationship. I suppose people move on and so I have stopped worrying about what I did or didn't do as I just don't have any more time to waste worrying about it.

I am really looking forward to the upcoming year, to seeing new places and trying new things. I am looking forward to new adventures, new opportunities and new challenges. (Ok honestly not the challenges but they're gonna come so I have to be prepared). Another year on the road to manhood.

1 comment:

Angel said...

Happy Man-iversary!