1.26.2011

The Longest Day

June 21 is the solstice the first day of summer and the longest day of the year. This year it is going to feel twice as long for me because I will be having top surgery on the 22. Everything was finally approved today and I am booked for boob removal the first day of the summer. I am super stoked and hoping that I will not run into any conflicts or other events that would cause me the nightmare of having to reschedule everything. I know one guy who has had his surgery rescheduled twice....hard enough to deal with once but twice?! So until I wake up and they are actually gone I try not to get too exited....but that will be hard! 
The top ten things I am looking forward to the most after surgery:
  1. Not having to wear a binder! 
  2. Running.
  3. Standing up straight
  4. Chest hair
  5. Swimming!
  6. Trampolines.
  7. No more awkward boob moments
  8. Dress shirts will fit better
  9. Shirt-less road trips
  10. Not having boobs!
I am looking forward to having my clothes fit better, not having to layer clothes to hide my body or shrug my shoulders to hide my chest. I will stand up straighter, be more relaxed, stop fidgeting with my shirts. I will feel more confident and probably spend a lot more time admiring the way I look wearing only a pair of jeans. I want to take up running. I will sleep in only a pair of boxers and take my shirt off in the summer when I chop wood or go to the river. I can go to the hospital and not worry about having to take off my shirt or have someone listen to my heart or lungs with a stethoscope. I can wear just one t shirt or wear a muscle shirt even if it has big arm holes.  I will not think about having boobs or feel betrayed by my body. I will finally be in a body that matches my spirit. I will finally be me.

1 comment:

Kev said...

I can really understand how much you want surgery to happen already. Some days I feel like I can't take it anymore. And it is still a long way until I get there. I wish you that the months don't seem too long for you, and that you realize every day that you are getting there. And that everything goes well, of course.
All the best,
Kev