12.26.2010

One Step Closer

I meant to post this a while ago...

I got an early Christmas present: a call from the ministry of health last week telling me that they have finally approved the funding for my top surgery! YAY! As usual there is never anything concrete until it actually happens so I will not celebrate until I wake up in the hospital with both tits gone (what a nightmare to wake up and find out they only took one!)

I have a couple more steps before I can begin any type of countdown to freedom. I am awaiting approval to have my surgery done by the surgeon with whom I have already had a consultation. I have asked the ministry to consider allowing me to have him do the surgery because it is closer to my home and closer to my family: I would prefer to be with them during my recovery than alone in a  hotel in an unfamiliar city.  I am supposed to hear back regarding the actual location in the early part of January so I am hoping that it doesn't take another three months for them to decide. If they insist on me having the surgery done by their own guy then I end up having to travel a lot farther away and be alone during surgery and recovery but I will deal with that if it happens.

So until I hear more from the ministry office I will be cautiously optimistic about my chances of actually having top surgery sometime in the near future! And by near I mean sometime in the next year....

2 comments:

WH said...

Congrats - I hope it happens as soon as possible.

Best,
Bill

Damon Wille said...

Congrats! I hope everything works out to your benefit!